On November 20, 2018, the BC Government announced plans for a ZEV mandate for British Columbia. The legislation will rollout next year, with planned ZEV sales targets of 10% by 2025, 30% by 2030, and 100% by 2040. Part of the plan for BC’s ZEV standard includes incentives for hydrogen FCEVs and infrastructure. We pulled together a short list of some of the media coverage we’ve seen about the announcement thus far.
- Business in Vancouver | B.C. moves to phase out gas-fired vehicles
- Daily Hive | BC government sets 100% zero-emission vehicle sales target by 2040
- The Indo-Canadian Voice | Provincial government puts B.C. on path to 100% zero-emission vehicle sales by 2040
- CBC | Every new car sold in 2040 will be zero-emission, B.C. government says
- The Vancouver Sun | New vehicle sales to be 100 per cent zero-emission by 2040, under B.C.’s electrification plan
- CTV | Cars and trucks sold in B.C. by 2040 will be zero-emission: government
Read the Announcement here.